Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany , Tutor
Experience:  More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.
3708793

Emerson Electric common stock selling for $36.75, with a par

Emerson Electric common stock selling for $36.75, with a par value of $5. The stock recently paid a $1.32 dividend and the firm's earnings per share has increased from $1.49 to $3.06 in the past five years. The firm expects to grow at the same rate for the forseeable.

I need to know how to Calculate the value of this investment based on the required rate of 15%, can you show me the proper formulate and how to process for the correct answer.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JA

Please click on the following link for the solution:

http://www.box.net/shared/5hlgifg2ag36k4yy7198

P.S. If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For BusinessTutor" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will. Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Business Tutor I need you assistance again with Weighted Average Cost of Capital, Can you assist me for the regular fee.

Hello

I am not sure what you mean by "Can you assist me for the regular fee." ! :) In any case, you can make a new post, type "For BusinessTutor" at the beginning of the post, and offer the amount you want, if it is ok, I will post the solution, if not, then I will advise you.

Please remember to also advise your deadline

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Business Tutor, I did that earlier today. I also attached a copy of what I am working on. Please see the attached. I am sorry for late notice, but I though I could figure it out.

Attachment: 2011-10-10_233034_chapter09-_mini_case.xlsx

I am trying to understand Weighted Average Cost of Capital. I do understand some of the formlas, but I guess I am lost as to the placement of everything. Especially when it comes to percentages. I have calculated the after-tax debt. I hope I got that right. I did post a new question, but you were not available and I have not heard from anyone. I requested you just as you told me. I liked you breakdown of the problem from the last question, and I understood more, which is why I asked for you. I have to post my problem tonight before 11:00 which is why I sent it earlier.

I have posted the solution on the other post. Please do not respond to this message on this post so that I can close this post

Thank you