Eric, Financial Manager
Experience:  Loan servicing, counseling and real estate expert. Foreclosure Expert and Financial Planner.

I recently found out I have MS and just had my first siezure.

Customer Question

I recently found out I have MS and just had my first siezure. Own my own business, have two small childern and have a home. Should I consider disability and refiancing my home? 45 years old, paying SS since I was 18.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

Eric :

I appreciate the opportunity to help!

Eric :

This really comes down to a personal decision in terms of your business and if you wish to keep working it. There is no reason that you should not be able to for a long time if its not too physically demanding, etc Applying for disability is possible and it takes a while for processing and getting approved. In terms of a refi on your home? Its definitiely a good time for that since rates are at record lows. just need to decide on why you are refinancing and you want to make sure that you're saving at least 1% on your rate.