Eric , Financial Manager
Experience:  Loan servicing, counseling and real estate expert. Foreclosure Expert and Financial Planner.
31131311

I recently found out I have MS and just had my first siezure.

Customer Question

I recently found out I have MS and just had my first siezure. Own my own business, have two small childern and have a home. Should I consider disability and refiancing my home? 45 years old, paying SS since I was 18.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.

Eric :

I appreciate the opportunity to help!

Eric :

This really comes down to a personal decision in terms of your business and if you wish to keep working it. There is no reason that you should not be able to for a long time if its not too physically demanding, etc Applying for disability is possible and it takes a while for processing and getting approved. In terms of a refi on your home? Its definitiely a good time for that since rates are at record lows. But...you just need to decide on why you are refinancing and you want to make sure that you're saving at least 1% on your rate.