Taxtom
Taxtom, Accountant
Experience:  25 Years in preparing Personal and Business Tax Retuns
21049508

If I met with a financal that I now belief to possibly be suspect

Customer Question

If I met with a financal that I now belief to possibly be suspect and gave him a copy of my drivers license, my and my wifes SSN, and a copy of all our accounts with the account numbers erased, can he somehow still my accounts(Vanguard, E-Trade, Fidelity,etc.), sell my stocks, take out liquid cash, etc? If he can what should I do to keep this from happening?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Taxtom replied 4 years ago.

Taxtom :

Hello, It would be very hard for him to access your accounts but you can set up email alerts on your accounts so you are informed of changes. You can also contact your brokeage accounts and make it so no transactions can be made without your written approval. Next you can chack with your local Better Business Bureau and see if this financial person has any complaints. If he is with a national or large regional company your chance of fraud is slim. Last you can set up fraud alerts with one of the idenity theft companies that informs you of someone using your Social Security numbers. Thanks Tom