Eric, Financial Manager
Experience:  Loan servicing, counseling and real estate expert. Foreclosure Expert and Financial Planner.

in 03 my parents ask me to hepl move them back to hio and help

Customer Question

in 03 my parents ask me to hepl move them back to hio and help them as they need it. we came up with afiqure to them and 150, a week to be there when need it was about 9 to 12 hours a week we take them to doctors shopping my wife is rn she chech there blood presure clean the apt. and oyher things , we waited to collect money all at once will medcial have problem with this
Category: Finance
Expert:  datalog replied 3 years ago.

datalog :

Welcome to Just Answer Finance. I am here to assist.

Are you referring to “Medical insurance claims” criteria to claim the payments from the insurance company as the healthcare provider for your parents? Thank YOU!

Customer:

Am I entitled to any money over a period of time as a care giver for my parents? My parents and I had an agreement that I would be paid to take care of them.

Customer:

This has become an urgent situation, please reply asw soon as possible.

Customer:

I am seeking information to have my parents put on medicaid, it is not to retrieve

Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

I appreciate the opportunity to help!

This is a very small amount of money that is in consideration for helping with the care of your parents. This amount would cover expenses.

The county caseworker determines a consumer's monthly spend-down amount by subtracting the monthly Medicaid income limit from an applicant's countable income. That spend-down amount is the monthly amount of medical expenses a consumer must pay before becoming eligible for Medicaid benefits.

There are three ways consumers can work with their county departments of job and family services (CDJFS) to meet the spend-down amount:

1. On-going - Consumers provide proof of monthly medical expenses, such as medical premiums or unpaid past medical bills, that consistently meet or exceed the monthly spend-down amount.
  2. Delayed - Consumers who do not have monthly medical expenses can submit other medical expenses that meet or exceed their spend-down amount each month. Medicaid eligibility begins on the day the spend-down amount is met and ends the last day of that month.
  3. Pay-in - Consumers also can pay the spend-down amount directly to their CDJFS each month. The Medicaid card will cover the entire month and should be dated from the first day to the last day of the month.

Medical expenses and bills for medically necessary services that can be counted toward the spend-down amount are:

• Medical bills including doctor and dentist visits, eye exams, prescriptions, physical therapy, medical equipment and lab work;
  • Medical insurance premiums;
  • Medical insurance co-pays and deductibles;
  • Medicare premiums;
  • Transportation costs to get to medical appointments, including miles traveled by car and bus or taxi fares; and
  • Disposable medical supplies that are prescribed and medically necessary, such as adult disposable diapers, gauze and sterile water.

As long as the amounts can be proven to be used for their care and expenses, you should not have any issues.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply. The $150.00 a weeks was for the following:

A. To be on call day or night if they needed us. Many times we got called out at night.

B. Take dad to the store while one of us watched Mom. She could not be alone.

C. We took them to the doctors often.

D. My wife is a RN, she would check blood presure and their medicine often.

E. Help clean the apartment often.

F. Help them with any problems.

G. We would be there 9 to 18 times a week. I would say 12 hours was average. I now need to put dad in a nursing home and mom is already in a nuring home. Will they have a problem with me collecting this money.

Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.
There should not be issues if you keep a log. Write down the trips, mileage, expenses and keep track on a week to week basis. You can do that in a simple notebook just so that you have good records if you ever need to produce backup to the expenses
Eric, Financial Manager
Experience: Loan servicing, counseling and real estate expert. Foreclosure Expert and Financial Planner.