How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DanielleCPA Your Own Question
DanielleCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 784
Experience:  CPA experienced in tax and financial planning
Type Your Finance Question Here...
DanielleCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

II have not filed in 5 years due to my partners sudden very

Customer Question

II have not filed in 5 years due to my partners sudden very disabling heath. We have a seasonal type of business. I've only actually made 14,500 average a year since then. That's what was left after all expenses were paid. I only work seasonally and never have the money on tax day as we've gone 3 months without pay by that time. I take care of my partner although we are not married. He gets only $600.00 per month and pays $ 150.00 of that for child support.$14,500.00 + $450.00 is not exactly a fortune and we struggle everyday to stay afloat. What on earth should I do about getting these back taxes paid and were do I start? This is eating me up with worry and I now have serious health problems that keeps me from doing much more work.( Serious heart and gastrointestinal problem.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  DanielleCPA replied 5 years ago.


Hi and welcome to Just Answer! I'm happy to help answer your Finance questions. Feel free to interject at any time if you need clarification.


Do you have your W2s from your jobs for the past 5 years?


Is the $600 a month your partner receives Social Security?

Customer : no W2s I'm self employed. I do have a stack of semi organised receipts for gas parts insurance bank statements and 1099s for the 3 off and on people who help in the business.

Okay, you will need to start with the first year that you haven't filed. Summarize the receipts/transactions on you bank statement, whether it is using an Excel spreadsheet or even just a pad of paper. Get a total for each category for the year - total insurance, total gas, total office supplies, etc.


Do this for each year and then you will be ready to either take the summarized information to a tax preparer or prepare the returns yourself.


You can access prior year forms at this link if you will be preparing them yourself:,,id=98339,00.html

Related Finance Questions