DanielleCPA
DanielleCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  CPA experienced in tax and financial planning
50747609

I am very interested in buying stock when Zynga goes public.

I am very interested in buying stock when Zynga goes public. They have filed paper work to have an IPO. How do I get shares in the IPO?

DMC :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer! I'm happy to help answer your Finance questions. Feel free to interject at any time if you need clarification.

DMC :

Traditionally, it is very difficult for the average person to invest in a company through an IPO for several reasons. IPOs are typically only offered to large insitutions and high net-worth investors. Generally, you need to have an account at one of the larger underwriting firms to get in on the deal. Most smaller scale investors typically don't have the chance to invest since underwriters divvy up the shares to brokers & institutions.

DMC :

Check with your broker to see if they offer its investors the opportunities to purchase IPOs. You would need to request the prospectus and registration statement priced with the SEC.

DMC :

A price will not be available until the IPO is closer to being readily available on the market. At this point, Zynga has not announced a date for its IPO.

DMC :

Please note that IPOs often have minimum investment requirements and cannot be purchased on margin.

DMC :

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. If not, please hit the green accept button. Thanks!