Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada , Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

A couple days ago I asked the question that if I buy a TV and

Customer Question

A couple days ago I asked the question that if I buy a TV and pay it off within 12 months with the no interest promotion, if that would affect my credit negatively even if it's over the 30% of total amount of credit available; you said it would not impact my credit negatively. What if I add in a TV stand (which will be charged interest being that there is no promotion), but it too will be paid off in under twelve months. Will this have a negative impact on my credit? Thanks!
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 5 years ago.

Dear Friend,

I remember, I had answered the question. NO, it will NOT impact your credit. You can safely go ahead. No payments that are paid on time can harm your credit.

Wish you good luck...

Warm Regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sounds great! Where does this 30% figure come from that I often hear people speak of?

Dear Friend,

Many people believe that if you use more than 30% of your available credit limit, it may harm your scores, which is not true. If you have used up 100% of the limit, it can harm and it is advised to bring it down to 50%.

So, in your case, there is nothing to worry about since it is well below 50% and it is going to be repaid in time. The following is a good read http://www.bills.com/available-credit-limit-and-credit-score/

I am sure this would help...

Warm Regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It definitely does help. Thanks again for all your help!! Smile

Dear Friend,

You are most welcome...I was my pleasure to help you. You may kindly accept if this helps..!

Warm Regards,