Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

True or False The idea of consolidated statements is

Customer Question

True or False:

The idea of consolidated statements is to disregard the separate legal entity status of each company. _________

A general ledger is maintained for the consolidated reporting entity. _________

Under the equity method, the carrying value of the investment represents the market value of the common stock holding. _________

It may be necessary to consolidate a company in which a publicly owned investor company does not own a majority voting interest. _________

A subsidiary can be consolidated even if it has a different year-end than its parent company.

Consolidation entries are never posted to a general ledger. _________

A bargain purchase element exists when the cost of the acquisition is below the book value of the net assets. _________

A parent need not consolidate a created subsidiary that the parent is in the process of trying to sell. _________

When assets are acquired, the target company never makes any entries on its books as a result of the combination. _________

When the parent is not obligated to invest additional funds in a subsidiary that is reporting losses, the parent stops applying the equity method when the subsidiary’s equity becomes negative. _________

It is inappropriate to consolidate a subsidiary that has not yet become profitable. _________

Goodwill arises when the cost of the acquisition exceeds the current value of the net assets. _________

The equity method would not be used when the target company’s assets were acquired. ________

The only way to determine whether control exists is by determining whether a majority of the voting common stock is owned. _________

Goodwill must be amortized if management believes a diminishment of value has occurred. _________

Transactions between a parent and its subsidiaries must be eliminated in consolidation exactly as if the transactions had not occurred. _________
Category: Finance
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JA

Please advise your deadline as well as the name of the book you are using: Title, author's name, and edition

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Deadline: July 5, 2010 1:00pm

Book

Advanced Accounting

Hoyle, Schaeffer, Doupnik

Ninth Edition

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When will this be complete??