DanielleCPA
DanielleCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  CPA experienced in tax and financial planning
50747609

i am struggling with a 6000 credit card dept and cannot get

Customer Question

i am struggling with a 6000 credit card dept and cannot get on top of it. the loan has not builtup to 6000 and im panicked what to do. at first i was meeting the monthly min payments but soon realised they do not take from the dept but only interest.what should do
Category: Finance
Expert:  DanielleCPA replied 5 years ago.

DMC :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer! I'm happy to help answer your Finance questions. Feel free to interject at any time if you need clarification.

DMC :

My first piece of advice would be continue to make payments on the credit card as much as you can afford. This shows the credit card company that you want to pay your debt.

DMC :

Have you contacted the credit card company? Explain your situation. You can ask for a reduction in interest rate, but they aren't guaranteed they will do anything. Sometimes they are willing to set up a payment plan with you with more affordable payments, but generally you will have the credit card to do so.

DMC :

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. If not, please hit the green accept button.