DanielleCPA
DanielleCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  CPA experienced in tax and financial planning
50747609

I have my sister (12) and brother (15) living with me and my

Customer Question

I have my sister (12) and brother (15) living with me and my son and my husband. Can I get food stamps and medicaid for us all? My husband lost his job and I am on ssd 1100 a month. I live in houston tx
Category: Finance
Expert:  DanielleCPA replied 5 years ago.

DMC :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer! I'm happy to help answer your Finance questions. Feel free to interject at any time if you need clarification.

DMC :

You would be able to include your brother and sister in your household for determination of whether or not you qualify for food stamps and medicaid.

DMC :

Here is a link to info on Food Stamps in Texas. There is even a benefits calculator to help you estimate if you qualify and/or an estimate of how much you should expect to receive in food stamps. 

DMC :

You can apply for benefits here: https://www.yourtexasbenefits.com/ssp/SSPHome/ssphome.jsp