Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years

What are the differences among valuation, depreciation, amortization,

Customer Question

What are the differences among valuation, depreciation, amortization, and depletion? Is it appropriate to calculate depreciation using two different methods? Explain why. Which depreciation method provides you with the highest depreciation expense in the first year? Explain why. When might a company want the highest depreciation expenses possible? When might a company want the lowest depreciation expenses possible?
Category: Finance
Expert:  John Mark replied 5 years ago.

Do you still need assistance? Please advise me the deadline.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Actually I need help on this questions. I need a.s.a.p. Thanks

Why would you use the percentage of sales method for calculating doubtful accounts as opposed to the percentage of receivables method?

Is it appropriate to use a hybrid of the percentage of sales and the percentage of receivables methods of calculating the allowance for doubtful accounts? Explain why.

Does GAAP allow for the use of both methods at the same time? Explain why.