Shawn P Adamo
Shawn P Adamo, Retired CPA
Experience:  Retired CPA

My ex husband hasnt filed his taxes since 1998 he has worked

Customer Question

My ex husband hasn't filed his taxes since 1998 he has worked all of these years some on W2 and some 1099 why hasn't the IRS came after him for tax evation?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Shawn P Adamo replied 3 years ago.

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

It's not to say they never will. Probably small potatoes.

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

They DO KNOW (w2 and 1099).

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

Are you together or seperated? happy or mad with him?

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

You can just hope for the best (say you filed /mailed and they lost it). Then since they can't claim fraud they can only go back so far.

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

If you say he NEVER filed, that is fraud.

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

You could turn him in and get a reward.

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

Let me know more.

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

Hopefully this answers your question(s). If not, please let me know.

If you are happy with my response, please * ACCEPT *

Customer :

well he made 100 + for several of the years and some of the years where 1099 income so 12 years Im thinking it's a pretty good amount. been divorced for 11 years seperated for 12, Owes me 40,000.00 +++ in child support and medical not really happy ok mad. how do I go about turning him in and not getting involved. My taxes are fine I have always taken care of mine I just don't want to have anything come back to me.

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

hello.

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

first you contact the local IRS bureau. EVERYTHING is confidential so although he may SUSPECT he'll never know for sure. You should also qualify for a "reward"/finders fee.

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

It's really that simple. As a CPA I "turned in" a friends ex wife and her new spouse (limo driver...all cash).

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

'I" reveived a NICE reward. Earl (my friend) was HAPPY< HAPPY< HAPPY.

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

I tried to give the money to earl , he would not even take a penny.

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

I spent the 10,000 plus on a rock wall in my yard

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

Since he NEVER filed there will also be penalties for him to pay.

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

and he'll have to START.... and his refunds will go to YOU form back support...

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

Nice eh?

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

If this does not answer your question please let me know.

If this answers your question please click the green ACCEPT button and leave Positive Feedback

Shawn P Adamo, QFP, CPA/P :

I see you are typing so I'll stay here a bit for any other questions.

Customer :

Well 100+ per year for several of those years and some were 1099 so no taxes were paid for 12 years I'm thinking it's a pretty good amount and knowng him he probably has none of his past paperwork. No we have been divorce for 10 years and seperated for 12 my taxes are and aways have been in good standing. Mad well thats an understatement he owes me 50,000.00 +++ in past due child support medical ect. How do I turn him without the IRS knowing it was me Iwould rather not be a part of it his grief would be reward enough.

Customer :

Sorry I did'know my last post sent.

Shawn P Adamo, Retired CPA
Experience: Retired CPA

Not a problem. Do you understand where to go and what to do? Are you understand hat you will be protected as confidential? Just don't be surprised when you call and ask what is going on and they say they can't tell you!!!!! But when (after) they get him you should get a bunch of mey back.

I'll be happy to report him for you...lol...just give me his name and ss#....lol...I'll think of you when I spend it...