CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA
Experience:  40+ years experience in taxes and financial planning
50756543

eli

eli dose my sister-in-law have the same as power of att. because her name is XXXXX XXXXX's checking acount?is she resonable for mom's bills?
Category: Finance
Expert:  CGCPA replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.

Please provide more detail and clarity to your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my mom's92. the other night she when outside and fell down and almost frooze.when she was found she went to hospital.that hospital sent her to a different one. after a couple days that one said the only way they would let mom leave is if to a nursing home.i tryed to get her into the one my works at,but found out my sister-inlaw sue hadher name on mom's checking acc..they said that because sue's name was on mom's checking acc. it all up to her to get things done i didn't have any to say about she had tke say so.she was responable for her and mom's bills.is the PA. law works
Expert:  CGCPA replied 5 years ago.
Sadly, that is how the legalities of this work out. Hopefully you and your sister will be able to handle this together. While your sister has the responsibility to pay your mother's bills that responsibility only goes as far as your mom's money. Sue does not have a legal requirement to use her own money.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
if something happens to mom.am i sesponable for her funeral?
Expert:  CGCPA replied 5 years ago.
No you are not. Neither is your sister.