Taxtom
Taxtom, Accountant
Experience:  25 Years in preparing Personal and Business Tax Retuns
21049508

what is the value and differences between medicaid annuity

what is the value and differences between medicaid annuity and regular medicaid?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Taxtom replied 3 years ago.

Taxtom :

Hello, A Medicaid Annuity comes about for people who are expected be a nursing home for long period of time. A Medicaid Annuity takes your assets and transfers them third part insurance company and gives you a lifetime monthy payment. This asset does not count against liquid assets limit of $2,000 and then Medicaid will step in a pay the difference between your monthy payment and the cost of care. If you later don't need nurrsing home care you will receive the monthy payments but will never be able access the principle investment for any reason. Regular medicaid makes you spend down all of your assets until you have less than $2,000 before Medicaid helps you with your medical cost, in most states a home can be exempted from the asets. Advantages are if you end up spending a shorter time in the nursing home than expected you will receive benefit of your assets for the remainder of your life instead up spending all of your assets out at the beginning of your illiness leaving no assets when you get of the nursing home. Thanks Tom Please click accept.

Taxtom, Accountant
Experience: 25 Years in preparing Personal and Business Tax Retuns
Expert:  Taxtom replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.