How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rakhi Vasavada Your Own Question
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 4527
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Rakhi Vasavada is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

1. In October went to Chase Bank to close checking account

Customer Question

1. In October went to Chase Bank to close checking account leaving a zero balance.

2. Received statement end of November showing debts being deducted and paid by bank after closing account.

3. Went to Chase Branch spoke with personel and deleted all charges.

4. December received another statement showing debts continued, went back to back and was informed anyone can continue to debt my account and keep it open, so closing it will not stop debts.

5. called 800 number person rude, called back and spoke with another that offered to
deduct 100.00 if I paid remaining

6. did make deposit and called today bank refused to take the 100.00 off, I needed to go
back to bank and ask for bank officer to remove 100.00

Chase Bank staff have not provided all information to close account If I do not pay their
continuing fees it will go against my banking record

7. I have first hand knowledge Chase has perform the same to another

8. what do I do now time limit up asap
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 6 years ago.

Dear Friend,


Please note that you are a typical victim of a hard skinned financial institution who consider themselves as doing a favor to the customers like you and this is a clear cut case of negligence and deficiency in services. I advice you as under:


First of all, either by yourself or by taking anyone's assistance, send a Certified Letter to the Chase stating everything as precisely as you have done here, and demand a rectification to your issue within a stipulated time frame, say for example 15 days. State in no unclear terms in writing that you are being put at a financial loss and failing any reply from their side, you would consider all available legal options.


There are bright chances that your matter should get resolved through such communication threatening damages and legal action. However, if not, you may take this matter for arbitration at as they take up similar cases. You may reach out to them at National Arbitration Forum
P.O. Box 50191
Minneapolis, MN 55405-0191

Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 952-516-6400, or toll-free 800-474-2371
Fax: 952-345-1160, or toll-free 866-743-4517


I am suggesting the arbitration route because the facts of the matter are very much in your favor and also, this is a cheaper route than going in for a litigation. If you feel so, you may also get your local attorney serve them a legal notice for damages. But arbitration is favored as it is a cheaper route to take.


In short, you will have to show some aggression in dealing with such hard skinned companies.


I am sure this would help..Wish you good luck...

Warm Regards,

Related Finance Questions