Eric, Financial Manager
Experience:  Loan servicing, counseling and real estate expert. Foreclosure Expert and Financial Planner.
31131311

can i recover money i sent to another person on behalf of

Customer Question

can i recover money i sent to another person on behalf of an investment deal that i was told to send half the money to someone and the other half to the investee
Category: Finance
Expert:  Taxtom replied 5 years ago.

Taxtom :

Hello, What were you buying? Were you buying part of the invesestment from a broker and the other part from an individual? Thanks Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I did not do any of the above, but this money was part of a $20,000 dollar 15 day deal

but the investee told me to send half to this other party, the deal did not work out

so I would like my money back. Can I make a law suite of this?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

I appreciate the opportunity to help!

Please provide some more detail as to what this transaction was and how the funds were sent to the other party. Was this person to person, business to business, or brokers in the middle, etc. Was cash sent or was it a bank wire, etc. Let me know the detail and we'll go from there. Thanks...

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i made an investment for $20,000 with a company the idea was i mwould get back $1000.00 in 15 days l was told to make cheque for 11,500 to a company AND 8,500 a money order to the other person l want to take to court is this ok to go.
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
Was any type of contract involved in terms of the investment? Meaning, were there any documents signed by all parties that described the investment and the plan of return? The transfer of money like this without any signed contract is basically lost funds. You would not be able to recover the funds unless you had written verification of what the funds were for and what was promised in return. Sending a money order is like sending cash, that is likely gone. If the check you sent was a personal check or a cashiers check, that is also a big difference. Also...were these funds transferred from one country to another? There is much more detail needed...