Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years

My religious organization (Quakers in New York CIty) has a

My religious organization (Quakers in New York CIty) has a Budget and Collections committee that deposits donations when it feels like it. Sometimes they'll hold my check for eight months. Aren't there rules for how 501.3c groups and religious organizations
handle contributions? Aren't they supposed to deposit them within a certain amount of time? My friend who goes to a Catholic Church says they must be deposited weekly?

Please Help.

Dear Friend,

Yes, your friend is correct. There are rules that require the amount to be deposited weekly. For broader idea, you may refer to,,id=129267,00.html

I hope this helps...

Warm Regards,