Karla
Karla, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  15 years experience in business as both accounting and auditing management
42122963

The World Bank is currently advising newly industrialized countries

The World Bank is currently advising newly industrialized countries on how to encourage growth and they have asked for your help.

•Using the Internet, library and/or other resources, research and briefly explain 2-3 methods currently being used to encourage economic growth for the typical firm in Hong Kong and for the typical firm in Singapore.
•Which of these methods of encouraging growth would you suggest for the typical company in Hong Kong and Singapore?
•Explain the rationale for your choice.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Karla replied 3 years ago.
I have it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
THANKS. Not Due till Sat. 2/5 by 6pm,
Expert:  Karla replied 3 years ago.
The mission of the World Bank is "to help developing countries and their people reach the goals by working with our partners to alleviate poverty." By focusing on six strategic themes used by the World Bank to support their mission "...the Bank delivers technical, financial and other assistance to those most in need and where it can have the greatest impact and promote growth. These themes are focusing efforts on the poorest countries, post-conflict and fragile states, middle-income countries, global public goods, the Arab world, and knowledge and learning. (WorldBank, 2011) The key to successful economic development is to implement strategies that include "a market economy, a high saving rate, and investment in infrastructure and in human capital". (Rittenberg, & Tregarthen, 2009)

Hong Kong and Singapore were considered newly industrialized countries (NIC's) during the 1970's and 80's. Since it is not possible to become an industrialized nation without a market economy, that strategy needs to be the first priority in a NIC. To have a market economy there must be "a division of labor in which the prices of goods and services are determined in a free price system set by supply and demand". (Altvater, 1993) The methods applied were to bring about industrial stability by dismantling the communist party and fostering discipline in employer-employee relations, to attract multi-nationals companies with existing technologies that were looking for new opportunities to expand globally, and to maximize the potential of its people so they can contribute the most to economic growth of the country. ("How singapore came," 2010)

By dismantling the communist party and fostering discipline in employer-employee relations these countries began to recognize property rights of the individuals. Without the consumer having the power to own property, the will be no free market systems. By implementing the second and third strategies, Hong Kong and Singapore were able to attract the necessary capital, technology and training necessary for a free market economy.

References

Altvater, E. (1993). The Future of the Market: An Essay on the Regulation of Money and Nature After the Collapse of "Actually Existing Socialism. Verso. pp. 57.

How singapore came to develop its high tech industry . (2010, June 20). Georgian Business Week, Retrieved from http://www.gbw.ge/news.aspx?sid=e8dde96b-b4e2-4663-87c0-d5f8a8ea1ece

Rittenberg, L, & Tregarthen, T. (2009). 19.3. Keys to Economic Development. Principles of macroeconomics . Retrieved February 3, 2011, from http://www.web-books.com/eLibrary/NC/B0/B62/096MB62.html

WorldBank, . (2011). About us. Retrieved from http://go.worldbank.org/5TU8IISQ50

Experience: 15 years experience in business as both accounting and auditing management
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
"THANK YOU VERY MUCH" For this & all your prior prompt & very professional assistance. As usual, please give me 12 to 24 hours to thoroughly review your response & see if I have any questions/adjustments to discuss with you before I accept and pay.....Take care.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi.....After I review the answer about the World Bank & industrialized nations, can you let me know if you are able to complete the following assignment for me by Sunday 2/6 at 5pm.......

You want to be part of the Green Revolution and are looking to find ways to reduce your energy use. But first, you must know what your energy use is. Make and save a chart in a Microsoft Word or Excel file to keep track of your energy use for 2 days this week. Include the following: What types of energy/fuel did you use (including any alternative sources of energy) What was the purpose of the energy/fuel use (heating/cooling, recreational, etc.)? Save your chart, and present it with 2-3 paragraphs containing the following information. Which primary energy source does your electric company generate electricity (coal, nuclear, etc.)? How did you find out? What changes could you make to decrease your energy use? What changes could you make to increase your energy efficiency? What do you think would change if your heating oil or coal supply came from Russia? What environmental law, currently up for debate before a state or federal government, do you support and why? NEEDED: Chart & 2-3 Paragrapghs with References/citations Due: Saturday 2/5/11 by 11 pm EST ** Prefer a Word file but will take whatever is easiest/most convenient for the JA Expert....THANKS & I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR RESPONSE.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You want to be part of the Green Revolution and are looking to find ways to reduce your energy use. But first, you must know what your energy use is. Make and save a chart in a Microsoft Word or Excel file to keep track of your energy use for 2 days this week. Include the following: What types of energy/fuel did you use (including any alternative sources of energy) What was the purpose of the energy/fuel use (heating/cooling, recreational, etc.)?.... Save your chart, and present it with 2-3 paragraphs containing the following information. Which primary energy source does your electric company generate electricity (coal, nuclear, etc.)? How did you find out? What changes could you make to decrease your energy use? What changes could you make to increase your energy efficiency? What do you think would change if your heating oil or coal supply came from Russia? What environmental law, currently up for debate before a state or federal government, do you support and why? NEEDED: Chart & 2-3 Paragrapghs with References/citations Due: Saturday 2/5/11 by 11 pm EST ** Prefer a Word file but will take whatever is easiest/most convenient for the JA Expert....THANKS & I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR RESPONSE.

Expert:  Karla replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the offer, but I think I am going to have to pass on this one. I think the "Green Revolution" is a load of bunk and an excuse to grab more money in the form of higher prices for energy and additional fees for Govt. Even Al Gore has admitted that allot of the global warming stuff was not real, so why are we still talking about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
THANKS as usual for the prompt response. I jus' figured I would give you the first opportunity at the $$$.....Have a good night
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi.....I wanted to ask you if you are able to complete this for me. I will look for your response at your earliest convenience....THANKS AS USUAL.

$25.00 DOLLAR BONUS WILL BE PAID.....As an economist, you have been asked to address a meeting of a group of international professionals to explain the differences between microeconomics and macroeconomics and to provide real-world examples.

• the main differences between microeconomics and macroeconomics an example of each phenomenon a description of a microeconomic decision you made, and the factors that contributed to your decision a description of a specific macroeconomic phenomenon or event and how it has impacted you DUE:Sun. 2/20/11by 7pm EDT.....Please provide references/citations to back-up your facts / statements.....4 PAGE MINIMUM.

Expert:  Karla replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry, but I am not going to have the time to do a good job for you. I wish I had more notice, but by Sunday night I need to do a 2-3 page paper for my own class, do paper comments for my group, read 4 chapters in the text, begin preparing for the final exam and do a test course for the AICPA-which I committed to many weeks ago.

If you don't get any takers, I might be able to give you some bullet points. Good Luck
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
THANKS FOR THE PROMPT RESPONSE. I HAD IT LISTED IN THE BUSINESS CATEGORY FOR ABOUT 5 DAYS & GOT ZERO TAKERS,....QUESTION: DO YOU THINK THAT THIS QUESTION WOULD/WILL FIT IN THE FINANCE CATEGORY? THANKS & WISH YOU THE BEST IN YOUR ACADEMIC ENDEAVORS.....HAVE A SAFE & BLESSED WEEKEND.
Expert:  Karla replied 3 years ago.
I think it would have been fair to put the question in the finance category, I believe JA leaves that up to you the customer, we experts have the option to re-categorize if we believe it is mis-categorized. To be honest, I have been so tied up in other stuff, (I have been deployed on a consulting gig through a nationally recognized accounting staffing company), that I have not been logging into JA over the past couple of weeks. Hopefully things will settle down next week, but for you the best way to get my attention is to continue contacting me through previous questions, because I get an email notification. Thanks for the well wishes I am pursuing a MS in IT to enhance my accounting credentials and for something to do until the job market improves.