Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience:  More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.

The Illinois Company manufactures a product that goes through

Customer Question

The Illinois Company manufactures a product that goes through three processing departments. Information relating to activity in the first department during June is given below:
Percent completed
Units Materials Conversion
Work in process, June 1 150,000 75% 55%
Work in process, Jun 30 145,000 85% 75%

The department started 475,000 units into production during the month and transferred 480,000 completed units to the next department.

REQUIRED: Compute the equivalent units of production for the first department for June, assuming that the company uses the weighted-average method of accounting for units and costs.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 6 years ago.

Hello again

Please click here for the solution

P.S. If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For BusinessTutor" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will. Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

Thank you