BK-CPA
BK-CPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Owner of a CPA firm
36384704

I have bad credit, but need to borrow $4500. Can pay it back

I have bad credit, but need to borrow $4500. Can pay it back in two months. What are my options if any?
Category: Finance
Expert:  BK-CPA replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
BK-CPA :

Hello.

Customer :

Good morning.

BK-CPA :

Thank you for your question.

Customer :

Is there any hope for me?

BK-CPA :

I would be happy to help come up with some suggestions.

Customer :

I bring home $3600 after taxes & deductions. I am married & our rent is $1800 per month

BK-CPA :

There are many different types of creditors of course, with interest rate being your concern aside from actually getting the money itself if you are in a jam.

Customer :

I can make a paynebt of about 500 per paycheck

BK-CPA :

A payday type loan may be available, but the interest again would not be wise unless this is an absolute emergency.

BK-CPA :

Other kinds of credit would be preferable, but depending on your credit report, may not be available I agree.

Customer :

This is to put toward the downpayment for a home. This is an emergency. It's a great deal i don't want to get away

BK-CPA :

A loan through a bank (line of credit), or credit card, would be your better options. Have a family member?

BK-CPA :

Many professionals will start leaning towards saying "don't buy the house" right away when one says "I can't make the down payment with my own liquid cash."

Customer :

No. We are the go-to family member, so many owe us $$, there is noone who can assist.

BK-CPA :

I see.

Customer :

No bank or credit card . . .

BK-CPA :

There are websites like Lendingclub and Prosper, if you are aware, but you might not get your money right away if at all.

BK-CPA :

People bid on your loans (individuals 'having fun investing' as opposed to business lenders that know the stats and go by the credit reports).

Customer :

Sooo, you are saying that I just wasted another $30.00 asking for advice, and all of the common sense things that I tried didn't work, so I should give up. Right?

BK-CPA :

For a lender, investing in a 2 month loan presents a lot of risk for very little interest.

Customer :

I tried prsper 7 the lending club. No go :-(

BK-CPA :

Payday type loans are made to make it worth it to the lender.

Customer :

I know.

BK-CPA :

Wait two months is probably the best bet...

Customer :

Wait two months for what?

BK-CPA :

Not sure how sure you are of losing a property, the likes of which I'm not sure just how perfect...

BK-CPA :

You said you can pay the loan back in two months...

BK-CPA :

If that is the case, and you don't otherwise have credit available, you probably don't need a loan... Start building your credit maybe (pay off, in full, a small credit card balance that you work up each month, say with a utility bill or two).

Customer :

A house came on the market, and we looked at it yesterday. We qualify for a FHA loan, but becuase of difficult circumstances dont have the full downpayment necessary.

Customer :

We want to bid on thos home, and our income wilol support it. . .

Customer :

ok thanks anyway. have a good day.

BK-CPA :

The housing market isn't doing great right now and the tax credits that were propping it up a bit expired a few months ago.

BK-CPA :

Just wait, honestly.

BK-CPA :

I can't tell for sure, like you, what will happen if you wait, but that seems to be the surefire way of getting a house.

Customer :

I was grasping at straws and looking for a miracle.

BK-CPA :

A LOT of people buy a home when they aren't ready. You wouldn't be the first, assuming you were at all.

Experience: Owner of a CPA firm
Expert:  BK-CPA replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.