Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience:  More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.

Camping USA Inc. has only been operating for 2 years in the

Customer Question

Camping USA Inc. has only been operating for 2 years in the outskirts of Albuquerque, New Mexico, and is a new manufacturer of a top-of-the-line camping tent. You are starting an internship as assistant to the chief financial officer of the company, and the owner and CEO, Tom Charles, has decided that this is the right time to know more about the business and financial risks his company must deal with. For this, the CFO has asked you to prepare an analysis to support him in his next meeting with Tom Charles a week from today. To make the required calculations, you have put together the following data regarding the cost structure of the company: Output level 120,000 units Operating assets 6,000,000.00 Operating asset turnover 12 times Return on operating assets 48% Degree of operating leverage 10 times Interest expense $720,000 Tax rate 42% The CFO has instructed you to first determine the break-even point in units of output for the company. He requires that you prepare supporting documents, which demonstrate how you arrived at your conclusion and can facilitate his review of your work. Accordingly, you are required to have the information needed to prepare an analytical income statement for the company to be presented to the CFO. In a format that is acceptable for a meeting discussion with the CEO, you also need to prepare answers to the following questions: a. What is the firm’s break-even point in sales dollars? b. If sales should increase by 40 percent, by what percentage would EBT (earnings before taxes) and net income increase? c. Prepare another income statement, this time to verify the calculations from part d.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

Please advise the name of the book you are using: Title, author's name, and edition. Also, please advise your deadline

Thank you

Hello

Is this the comprehensive problem?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Keown, A, Martin, J., & Petty, J. (2008) Foundations of Finance (6th ed.) New York New York: Prentice Hall. ISBN: 9780132339223.

I am required to send the information using the correct calculations for Excel.

I am currently away from my book at the moment (using someone else's computer to type this to you. The Camping USA problem is the one need to be solved.

It is either Mini Case #XXXXX page 412 or Problem 13-2 page 433.

The assignment is due tomorrow night at midnight central standard time.

I am sorry I did not get back to you sooner, as today is Mother's Day and I am working on my term paper for another class. I really cannot wait till this finance course is over.

Again. Thank you for whatever you can do. This is the comprehensive problem.

I need solutions to getting problem. Take care.

Me.

Hello againCustomer/p>

Thank you for getting back to me. The only problem is that when you are late to respond we lose valuable time, so for future posts, please make sure to check your email so that we do not lose time. I have also sent you a message through management regarding the amount offered for such a long problem. Since the deadline is tonight I am afraid you would miss the deadline so I will post the solutions, but for future posts please make sure you take the length of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

please click here for the solutions

P.S. If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For BusinessTutor" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will.

Thank you

Edited by BusinessTutor on 5/10/2010 at 12:04 PM EST

I don't know why the file did not get attached above, here it is again

Please click here

Regards,

Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience: More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is great. Thank you very much for putting in your time and doing this. It means a lot.

Thanks a million. I truly appreciate your kind feedback as well as the bonus, and am looking forward to working with you again soon

All the best