Taxtom
Taxtom, Accountant
Experience:  25 Years in preparing Personal and Business Tax Retuns

how can I buy shelf pulls directly from wal-mart k-mart sears

Customer Question

how can I buy shelf pulls directly from wal-mart k-mart sears etc... without going via the closeout companies??
Category: Finance
Expert:  Taxtom replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I have tried to do that with a few of the Hardware chains and unless I was willing to take all pulls from a district which would have amounted to 10 semi-loads a month they would not let me bid on the contract. If you are still interested contact the corporate offices and talk to Supply Chain and Operations department. Sears and Kmart contact is James P. Mixon, Senior Vice President, Supply Chain and Operations, you will not be able to talk to him directly but his department is in charge of the liquidations. Hope this helps. Thank You Tom

Edited by Taxtom on 11/1/2009 at 1:40 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So what basically I have to call all those stores and ask for the supervisor and order all what they have??

Do you have any idea whats the prices on those pulls directly from them?
Expert:  Taxtom replied 4 years ago.
All semi-loads are bought through the corporate offices, store manageers have limited ability to sell items in bulk. On the secondary market semi loads were running $5000-$8000. The buyer of the contracts would pay a percentage of retail depending on the deal and would typically pay between 10 and 20 percent of retail. Thank You Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Tom,

Sorry that does not answer the question,what do you mean exactly?

If I purchase directly from the store manager what will it cost me?

Do I have to buy it from a secodery market?

I want to purchase directly from them, how do I make an offer this is the question

Expert:  Taxtom replied 4 years ago.
A secondary market would be a company like Liquidation.com. The store manager can not sell directly unless its a item like on the Walmart clearnace section and they may offer you an additional 10% discount if you take all of an item, that would not let you buy it cheap enough to make any money. You will need to contact the company's main office to see if there taking bids on the contract. The average person does not have the ability to come up with $80,000 to $100,000 a month to buy this way.
Let me suggest an alternative, contact banks in your area and see if they have any store inventories that they are accepting bids on. When a business closes and a bank forecloses that will sell off inventories to recover whats owed. This year we purchases a Dollar store distribution company from a bank. How much it cost is usally calculated by cost of removal and if the merchandise is easy to resell. We paid approximatly 10% of retail. You can also check with larger commercial auction companies who broker inventories for banks. Thanks Tom