Dave Z
Dave Z, Mortgage Co. Operations Manager
Experience:  Operations manager for a mortgage company, Member of OAMB & NAMB, 10+ yrs experience in mtg industry
3456305

Im trying to buy a house but I owe the Irs money, will I still

Im trying to buy a house but I owe the Irs money, will I still be able to get my house?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Dave Z replied 7 years ago.
Good eveningCustomerand welcome to Just Answer!

If you have an IRS tax lien or judgement which reports to your credit report, then you are going to have a very difficult time finding any lender who will be willing to lend you the money to buy a home. However, if there is no judgment or lien against you at this point from the IRS, your credit is good, and you qualify for a mortgage then you should still be able to purchase your house. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Thank you for using Just Answer and please remember to leave feedback after you click the Green Accept button. Have a great weekend and best of luck to you with everything.
Dave Z, Mortgage Co. Operations Manager
Experience: Operations manager for a mortgage company, Member of OAMB & NAMB, 10+ yrs experience in mtg industry