Amol Srivastava
Amol Srivastava, Accountant
Experience:  More than 4years + of industry experience ,CFA level2 cleared, Chartered Accountant from India
15421553

Amol Srivastava- set 4 I started on some of them already so

Customer Question

Amol Srivastava- set 4 I started on some of them already so if you could just start with the ones below. 28) Which of the following combinations of asset structures and financing patterns is likely to create the least volatile earnings?
     A.

Illiquid assets and heavy short-term borrowing
     B.

Illiquid assets and heavy long-term borrowing
     C.

Liquid assets and heavy long-term borrowing
     D.

Liquid assets and heavy short-term borrowing

29) Which of the following combinations of asset structures and financing patterns is likely to create the most volatile earnings?
     A.

B.

C.

D.

30) Which of the following is not a condition under which a prudent manager would accept some risk in financing?
     A.

Predictable cash-flow patterns
     B.

Inventory is highly perishable
     C.

Price of inventory is stable
     D.

Easy access to capital markets

31) The system whereby funds are moved between computer terminals without use of checks is
     A.

electronic funds transfer.
     B.

a lock-box system.
     C.

float.
     D.

magnetic character recognition.

32) In managing cash and marketable securities, what should be the manager's primary concern?
     A.

Maximization of profit
     B.

Acceptable return on investment
     C.

Maximization of liquid assets
     D.

Liquidity and safety

33) How would electronic funds transfer affect the use of "float"?
     A.

Increase its use somewhat
     B.

Virtually eliminate its use
     C.

Decrease its use somewhat
     D.

Have no effect on its use
34) The most subjective and also significant segment of the 5 C's of credit for giving final approval is
     A.

capacity.
     B.

character.
     C.

collateral.
     D.

conditions.

35) Dun & Bradstreet is known for providing
     A.

interest rate information to cash managers.
     B.

cash management systems to corporate treasurers.
     C.

credit scoring reports that rank a company's payment habits relative to its peer group.
     D.

consumer credit reports to credit card companies.

36) When developing a credit scoring report, many variables would be considered. Which of the following best represent the major factors Dun & Bradstreet would examine?
     A.

The age of the management team, the dollar amount of sales, net profits, and long-term debt.
     B.

The financial statements, satisfactory or slow payment experiences, negative public records (suits, liens, judgments, bankruptcies).
     C.

The age of the company, the number of employees, the level of current assets.
     D.

The company's cash balances, return on equity, and its average tax rates.
37) Commercial paper that is sold without going through a broker or dealer is known as
     A.

direct paper.
     B.

book-entry transactions.
     C.

dealer paper.
     D.

term paper.

38) What is generally the largest source of short-term credit small firms?
     A.

Bank loans
     B.

Installment loans
     C.

Commercial paper
     D.

Trade credit

39) Which of the following is not a true statement about commercial paper?
     A.

Finance paper is sold directly to the lender by the finance company.
     B.

Dealer paper is sold directly to the lender by a finance company.
     C.

Finance paper is also referred to as direct paper.
     D.

Industrial companies, utility firms or finance companies too small to sell direct paper sell dealer paper.
40) Trade credit may be used to finance a major part of the firm's working capital when
     A.

the firm extends less liberal credit terms than the supplier.
     B.

the firm and the supplier both extend the same credit terms.
     C.

the firm extends more liberal credit terms than the supplier.
     D.

neither the firm nor the supplier extends credit.

41) Firms exposed to the risk of interest rate changes may reduce that risk by
     A.

obtaining a Eurodollar loan.
     B.

hedging in the commodities market.
     C.

hedging in the financial futures market.
     D.

pledging or factoring accounts receivable.

42) General Rent-All's officers arrange a $50,000 loan. The company is required to maintain a minimum checking account balance of 10% of the outstanding loan. This practice is called
     A.

an installment loan.
     B.

a balloon payment.
     C.

a compensating balance.
     D.

a discounted loan.
43) Increasing the number of periods will increase all of the following except
     A.

the present value of an annuity.
     B.

the future value of an annuity.
     C.

the present value of $1.
     D.

the future value of $1.

44) As the interest rate increases, the present value of an amount to be received at the end of a fixed period
     A.

increases
     B.

Not enough information to tell
     C.

decreases
     D.

remains the same

45) As the discount rate becomes higher and higher, the present value of inflows approaches
     A.

0
     B.

need more information
     C.

minus infinity
     D.

plus infinity
46) Mr. Blochirt is creating a college investment fund for his daughter. He will put in $850 per year for the next 15 years and expects to earn an 8% annual rate of return. How much money will his daughter have when she starts college?
     A.

$11,250
     B.

$23,079
     C.

$12,263
     D.

$24,003

47) The future value of a $1000 investment today at 8 percent annual interest compounded semiannually for 5 years is
     A.

$1,469
     B.

$1,555
     C.

$1,480
     D.

$1,520

48) If you invest $8,000 at 12% interest, how much will you have in 7 years?
     A.

$18,016
     B.

$80,712
     C.

$17,688
     D.

$3616
Category: Finance
Expert:  Amol Srivastava replied 5 years ago.
Ok I will just answer these.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you
Here you go

click here

regards
Amol