Amol Srivastava
Amol Srivastava , Accountant
Experience:  More than 4years + of industry experience ,CFA level2 cleared, Chartered Accountant from India
15421553

(Individual or component costs of capital) Compute the cost

Customer Question

(Individual or component costs of capital) Compute the cost for the following:

c. A bond that has a $1,000 par value and a contract or coupon interest rate of 12 percent. A new issue would net the company 90 percent of the $1,150 market value. The bonds mature in 20 years, the firm’s average tax rate is 30 percent, and its marginal tax rate is 34 percent.

d. A preferred stock paying a 7 percent dividend on a $100 par value. If a new issue is
offered, the company can expect to net $85 per share. Internal common equity where the current market price of the common stock is $38.
The expected dividend this forthcoming year should be $3, increasing thereafter at a
4 percent annual growth rate. The corporation’s tax rate is 34 percent.

Category: Finance
Expert:  Amol Srivastava replied 7 years ago.
Hi

To get answers click here

If you need more details let me know

PS: In case you like my work and in future want to direct your questions to me please mention Amol in front of your posts.

Regards
Amol
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

.

e is just the cost of equity capital. It is part of d only. Remove e and you are good to go.