Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

need help in quiz 30 multiple question

Customer Question

need help in quiz 30 multiple question
Category: Finance
Expert:  Merlo replied 5 years ago.
Hello banchot,

Can you post the questions so we can take a look at them?

Are you wanting someone in tax to answer these for you?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THESE ARE FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING QUESTIONS MUTIPLE NEED TO PICK UP THE RIGHT ONE
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
CAN U BE ABLE TO ANSWER ALL 35
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
LET ME KNOW
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
IS THIS IS THE SAFE SITE TO USE IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
IS THIS IS THE SAFE SITE TO PUT IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
any body so far
Expert:  Merlo replied 5 years ago.
Hello banchot,

I had already signed out of the forum last night by the time you posted your last reply.

Yes, this site is safe. As far as your questions, it is hard to say if we can answer all of them until we see what the questions are.

What level of finance class is this?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
online college level class financial accounting
Expert:  Merlo replied 5 years ago.
Hello again banchot,

When will you have these questions available for us to view?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ideally, which of the following type of assets should be financed with long-term financing?

A. Fixed assets only

B. Fixed assets and permanent current assets

C. Fixed assets and temporary current assets

D. Temporary and permanent current assets

2) When the yield curve is downward sloping, generally a financial manager should

A. expect an economic boom

B. increase investment and level of financing overall

C. utilize long-term financing

D. utilize short-term financing

The theory of the term structure of interest rates which suggests that long-term rates are determined by the average of short-term rates expected over the time that a long-term bond is outstanding is the

A. expectations hypothesis.

B. liquidity premium theory.

C. segmentation theory.

D. market average rate theory.

4) Frisch Fish Corp expects net income next year to be $600,000. Inventory and accounts receivable will have to be increased by $300,000 to accommodate this sales level. Frisch will pay dividends of $400,000. How much external financing will Frisch Fish need assuming no organically generated increase in liabilities?

A. No external financing is required.

B. $200,000

C. $100,000

D. $300,000

Problem

right now i have samples such as
1. Planning for future growth is called:
A. Capital Budgeting
B. Financial forecasting
C. Working Capital Management
D. Financial management

2. The percent of sales method of financial forecasting shows us the relationship between ___________ and financing needs.
A. changes in the level of assets
B. changes in debt
C. changes in the level of liabilities
D. changes in the level of sale

3. If a firm uses a just-in-time inventory system, what effect is that likely to have on the number and location of suppliers?
A. They will have more suppliers
B. They will have fewer suppliers
C. Suppliers will stay the same
D. They don't need suppliers anymore

4. Best Co. has an average collection period of 35 days. The accounts receivable balance is $105,000. What is the value of credit sales?
A. $1,200,000
B. $1,300,000
C. $1,080,000
D. $1,280,000

5. Electronic funds transfer has __________ the use of float.
A. Reduced
B. Increased
C. Had no effect on
D. None of the above

6. Of the following marketable securities, which are guaranteed by the Federal government?
A. agency securities
B. negotiable certificates of deposit
C. banker's acceptances
D. none of the above

Finance/Accounting multiple choice questions on bonds, interest rates, YTM, Yield to Call etc.

1. One of the basic relationships in interest rate theory is that, other things held constant, for a given change in the required rate of return, the time to maturity, the change in price.

a. longer; smaller.
b. shorter; larger.
c. longer; greater.
d. shorter; smaller.
e. Statements c and d are correct.

7. A 10-year bond has a face value of $1,000. The bond has a 7 percent semiannual coupon. The bond is callable in 7 years at a call price of $1,040. The bond has a nominal yield to call of 6.5 percent. What is the bond's nominal yield to maturity?

a. 3.14%
b. 6.05%
c. 7.62%
d. 6.27%
e. 6.55%

8. Meade Corporation bonds mature in 6 years and have a yield to maturity of 8.5 percent. The par value of the bonds is $1,000. The bonds have a 10 percent coupon rate and pay interest on a semiannual basis. What are the current yield and capital gains yield on the bonds for this year? (Assume that interest rates do not change over the course of the year).

a. Current yield = 8.50%; capital gains yield = 1.50%
b. Current yield = 9.35%; capital gains yield = 0.65%
c. Current yield = 9.35%; capital gains yield = -0.85%
d. Current yield = 10.00%; capital gains yield = 0.00%
e. Current yield = 10.50%; capital gains yield = -1.50%

Nico Trading Corp is considering issuing long-term debt. The debt would have a 30 year maturity and a 10 percent coupon rate. In order to sell the issue, the bonds must be underpriced at a discount of 5 percent of face value. In addition, the firm would have to pay flotation costs of 5 percent of face value. The firm's tax rate is 35 percent. Given this information, the after tax cost of debt for Nico Trading would be:

a) 7.26%
b) 11.17%
c) 10.0%
d) none of the above

1.3 As a source of financing, once retained earnings have been exhausted, the weighted average cost of capital will:

a) increase.
b) remain the same.
c) decrease.
d) change in an undetermined direction.

1.4 A firm has common stock with a market price of $100 per share and an expected dividend of $5.61 per share at the end of the coming year. A new issue of stock is expected to be sold for $98, with a $2 per share representing the underpricing necessary in the competitive capital market. Flotation costs are expected to total $1 per share. The dividends paid on the outstanding stock over the past five years are as follows:
Year Dividend
1
2
3
4
5 $4.00
$4.28
$4.58
$4.90
$5.24

The cost of this new issue of common stock is:

a) 5.8 percent
b) 7.7 percent
c) 10.8 percent
d) 12.8 percent

1.6 The wealth-maximizing investment decision for a firm occurs when

a) the cost of capital equals the return on the project
b) the weighted marginal cost of capital is less than the investment opportunity schedule
c) the weighted cost of capital exceeds the marginal cost of capital
d) the weighted marginal cost of capital equals the investment opportunity schedule

1.8 A firm has determined its cost of each source of capital and optimal capital structure which is composed of the following sources and target market value proportions:

Source of Capital Target Market
Proportions
After-Tax Cost
Long-term debt
Preferred stock
Common stock equity 40%
10%
50% 6%
11%
15%

The weighted average cost of capital is:

a) 6 percent
b) 10.7 percent
c) 11 percent
d) 15 percent

1.14 The inexpensive nature of long-term debt in a firm's capital structure is due to the fact that

a) the equity holders are the true owners of the firm
b) equity capital has a fixed return
c) interest payments are tax-deductible
d) equity holders have a higher position in the priority of claims

1.18 Tangshan Mining has common stock at par of $200,000, paid in capital in excess of par of $400,000, and retained earnings of $280,000. In states where the firm's legal capital is defined as the total of par value and paid-in capital of common stock, the firm could pay out_______in cash dividends without impairing its capital.

a) $280,000
b) $400,000
c) $480,000
d) $600,000

1.19 At the quarterly meeting of Tanshan Mining Corporation held on September 10, the directors declared a $1.00 per share dividend for the firm's 100,000 shares of common stock outstanding. The net effect of declaring and paying this dividend would be to:

a) decrease total assets by $100,000 and increase stockholder's equity by $100,000
b) decrease total assets by $100,000 and decrease stockholder's equity by $100,000
c) increase total assets by $100,000 and increase stockholder's equity by $100,000
d) increase total assets by $100,000 and decrease stockholder's equity by $100,000

1.20 Modigliani and Miller suggest that the value of the firm is not affected by the firm's dividend policy, due to:

a) the relevance of dividends
b) the clientele effect
c) the informational content
d) the optimal capital structure

1.21 What would be the cost of retained earnings equity for Tangshan Mining if the expected return on U.S. Treasury Bills is 5.00 percent, the market risk premium is 10.00 percent, and the firm's beta is 1.3?

a) 11.5%
b) 18.0%
c) 10.0%
d) none of the above

1.22 A firm has issued preferred stock at its $125 per share par value. The stock will pay a $15 annual dividend. The cost of issuing and selling the stock was $4 per share. The cost of the preferred stock is:

a) 7.2 percent
b) 12 percent
c) 12.4 percent
d) 15 percent

Expert:  Merlo replied 5 years ago.
I have requested that the moderators of this website move your question to be answered by one of our financial experts, rather than having it here in the tax category.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
these are not the questions these are just the example that is how is going to be
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 5 years ago.

Hello banchot

When will you have the questions ready? Is this a timed quiz?

I am sure I can help, but I need to know when you would post the questions

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sir, are u a tutor
Expert:  Amol Srivastava replied 5 years ago.
There are many experts on this website and you can post your question here without any doubts. If you dont like the answer you might not accept it.

Hello banchot

Please note that this is a professional site, we help thousands of students every day. I understand that this ight be your first time to use such a service, but please answer my questions. When do you want to take the quiz? Which textbook are you using: Title, author's name, and edition?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes first time using this service
mcgraw hill 13th edition FIN/200 INTRODUCTION TO FINANCE: HARVESTING THE MONEY TREE online course, but the quiz questions they said are adapted from foundation of financial management which I had already checked out but none of the quiz questions matches with that site unless they are making there own

Hi again :)

I am well familiar with the course and the book you are using, can you start the quiz now?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
befor this quiz i still have to finished one small quiz contains 8 question if u can help me in that quiz this could be the best example towards the big quiz. To do this i will pay seperate. And since if u are familier with this course than it would be the best example for me to not worry about that big quiz
Is it a timed quiz banchot?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes time quiz with in 2 hours 8 multiple same thing same book, same pattren
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
let me know for the short quiz so e can arrange the time wich would be sutible for both of us since, you are more busy than me
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do u have time on monday

Hello

Yes, I can meet you here Monday, please tell me the time and the time zone

Regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

pacific time, but this quiz is short 8 question 2 hours time period once i loged inn i have to complete it. $9 offering for this quiz

Hello I am sorry, I will have to opt out banchot as your offer is too low for 2 hours of work. Unfortunatley JA policy doe snot allow us to discuss charges with students, but I cannot accept your offer.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

actually 2 hours is the time i have to finished up that quiz

its ok, $15 looks ok

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how about $15 is this looks ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
let me know ur responce
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i have 2 quizes

one with 30-35 multiple questions .....................$45

second 8 questions.............................................$15

i hope u would help me

I think the other expert has opted out. I could help you out but I dont have the book and you need to send me the questions.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

mcgraw hill 13th edition FIN/200 INTRODUCTION TO FINANCE: HARVESTING THE MONEY TREE online cours

questions have to be answers in 2 hours

I told u buddy I dont have the book but i can answer questions if u give me online link or something.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0073027200/student_view0/ebook/chapter1/chapter_opener.html

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

samples are

A. Fixed assets only

When the yield curve is downward sloping, generally a financial manager should

A. expect an economic boom

C. utilize long-term financing

D. utilize short-term financing

A. expectations hypothesis.

B. liquidity premium theory.

C. segmentation theory.

D. market average rate theory.

The quiz is on chapter 1?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

one small quiz from ch 8 and 9

final quiz is from 1-9 chapters

I see a multiple choice quiz with those chapters. Is it same or some other quiz?
I'm sorry I need to rush some where in emergency will be back in an hour. Sorry for the inconvience. Will talk to u after that. Really sorry
hey u thr?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no the quiz is not the same they just showing differently

as u have seen i send u the samples

they said that the quizes are addopted from foundation of financial management but i had checked it already not comes out from there either

some one in the college is creating the quizes

i had send u the web site as u can see that it covers all the chapters 1-9

for the major quiz

Ok so lets start with small quiz then.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
but u need to see the chapter first since 8 & 9 chapters cover the quiz befor u find some issues in the quiz
Sir I think I'm having a but difficulty in understanding what you want so I'm opting out and some other expert might be able to help you. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i just want u to have little time to see the chapters before go further

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

this was the quiz i get it last time little tricky too so u can see

1) Permanent current assets are not a factor in a manager's decision making process when all current assets will be

A. self-liquidating.

B. long-term in nature.

C. financed by short-term debt.

D. internally financed.

2) A "normal" term structure of interest rates would depict

A. no general relationship between short- and long-term rates.

B. long-term rates higher than short-term rates.

C. short-term rates higher than long-term rates.

D. medium rates (1-5 years) lower than both short-term and long-term rates.

3) The theory of the term structure of interest rates which suggests that long-term rates are determined by the average of short-term rates expected over the time that a long-term bond is outstanding is the

A. liquidity premium theory.

B. segmentation theory.

C. expectations hypothesis.

D. market average rate theory.

A. $200,000

B. $100,000

C. No external financing is required.

D. $300,000

5) Which of the following is not a true statement about automated clearinghouses (ACHs)?

A. Debits drawn on automated clearinghouses cost less than half that of checks processed through financial institutions.

B. Commercial transactions using automated clearinghouses have been growing at close to 17% per year since 1989.

C. Automated clearinghouses are responsible for the check clearing process between commercial banks and the Federal Reserve Banks.

D. The ability to reduce transactions costs and create convenience is driving the growth of automated clearinghouses.

6) One of the first considerations in cash management is

A. profitability.

B. synchronization of cash inflows and cash outflows.

C. to have as much cash as possible on hand.

D. to put any excess cash into accounts receivable.

7) Assuming that we can earn a 13.5% return on accounts receivable, which of the following actions to finance an increase in our accounts receivable balance would be optimal?

A. an increase in bank loans that would cost us 11.5%.

B. a decrease in inventories which are earning a 17.6% return.

C. a reduction in marketable securities which are earning a return of 14.2%.

D. an increase in accounts payable that would cost our firm 15%.

8) Hedging

A. is a legal agreement to buy or sell a financial futures contract.

B. increases risk.

C. is a way to protect your accounts receivable position.

D. can be carried out with a futures contract.

banchot

If you need help with the quiz, please post your questions in a new post and state in your post that you need the answers within 2 hours. No need to show examples of the questions you need help with because once you post the real questions, many experts would be able to help

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

what is the best time for u

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
IT IS BETTER IF WE COULD SET THE TIME I AM IN PASIFIC TIME ZONE BUT IT HAS TO BE IN 2 HOURS OTHER WISE I WOULD LOSE ALL THE POINT IN THE QUIZ
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there are 12 experts so far online and no one is responding for the past 5 hours
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
are u there
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
could u help me please
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ther are many experts but still no help
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
could u be able to help
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i need to finish the problem can u help

As I have advised you earlier, post your question and I am sure someone will be able to help. I do not mean to be blunt, but to explain why nobody responded to your post it is because there are a lot of posts, and experts would rather be working on posted questions rather than engage in sending messages back and forth. I recommend that you open a new post and post your question offering a reasonable amount, someone is sure to answer your questions

Regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sir i canot post them in online i need privacy that is the point for the last 5 days i am dealing with this issue
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
35- 39 multiple for $45
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

how can i post u could u send me any suggestion

There are two ways:

1) You can email he file to info@justanswer.com and ask them to forward it to BusinessTutor, or you can upload the file to www.mediafire.com, copy the sharing link and paste it here

But just to let you know, if you want me to help, it cannot be now as I have been working for a long time and I need to take a break

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THEN WHEN
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

THIS SITE IS REALLY FUNNY FOR THE LAST 5 DAYS NO ONE IS HELPING

ALL THEY ARE GIVING EXCUSES