Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience:  More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.
3708793

4-6A. (Cash budget) The Sharpe Corporations projected sales

4-6A. (Cash budget) The Sharpe Corporation’s projected sales for the first eight months of 2004
are as follows:
January $ 90,000 May $300,000
February 120,000 June 270,000
March 135,000 July 225,000
April 240,000 August 150,000
Of Sharpe’s sales, 10 percent is for cash, another 60 percent is collected in the month following
sale, and 30 percent is collected in the second month following sale. November and December
sales for 2003 were $220,000 and $175,000, respectively.
Sharpe purchases its raw materials two months in advance of its sales equal to 60 percent of their
final sales price. The supplier is paid one month after it makes delivery. For example, purchases
for April sales are made in February and payment is made in March.
In addition, Sharpe pays $10,000 per month for rent and $20,000 each month for other expenditures.
Tax prepayments of $22,500 are made each quarter, beginning in March.
The company’s cash balance at December 31, 2003, was $22,000; a minimum balance of $15,000
must be maintained at all times. Assume that any short-term financing needed to maintain the cash
balance is paid off in the month following the month of financing if sufficient funds are available.
Interest on short-term loans (12 percent) is paid monthly. Borrowing to meet estimated monthly
cash needs takes place at the beginning of the month. Thus, if in the month of April the firm expects
to have a need for an additional $60,500, these funds would be borrowed at the beginning of April
with interest of $605 (.12 × 1/12 × $60,500) owed for April and paid at the beginning of May.
a. Prepare a cash budget for Sharpe covering the first seven months of 2004.
b. Sharpe has $200,000 in notes payable due in July that must be repaid
Category: Finance
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer/p>

Please click here for the solution

Regards,

P.S. If you like my work, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For BusinessTutor" at the beginning of your post.

Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience: More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.