Cassandra, Accountant
Experience:  10+ years in the accounting field. BS degree in accounting

Which of the following best describes why an independent auditor

Which of the following best describes why an independent auditor is asked to express an opinion on the fair presentation of financial statements?
A. It is difficult to prepare financial statements that fairly present a company's financial position and changes in cash flows without the expertise of an independent auditor
B. It is management's responsibility to seek available independent aid in the appraisal of the financial information shown in its financial statements
C. The opinion of an independent party is needed because a company is not likely to be considered objective with respect to its own financial statements
D. It is a customary courtesy that all stockholders of a company receive an independent report on management's stewardship in managing the affairs of the business
Category: Finance
Expert:  Cassandra replied 8 years ago.
helloCustomerand welcome back

The answer for this question is C
I am 100% sure of this answer.

I might know the answer to a few of your other questions, but am not 100% confident, I might be able to locate all the correct anwers if you give me the book name, authors, edition, ISBN # XXXXX chapter these questions are from.