Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, HR & Business Operations Consultant
Experience:  Central Michigan University, MSA Candidate; Global Compensation Operations Mngr; AA Degree Lib Arts
586644

I received a Affidavit from a Women in Malaysia that ...

I received a Affidavit from a Women in Malaysia that maked-me her next of kin,the Bank now wants a Anti-Terrorist clearence certificate to free from illicit acquirement, is this a prerequisite for the transfer of this fund,since the original account Holder is late.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 8 years ago.

Dear Juliana,

How did you meet this woman?

Did you know her before?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I never met this women before.Have only E-mail contact last E-mail received August 3 .
In the same E-mail that i received with the instruction of my Question says :You are therefore requested to contact our legal department trough an Independent accredited Lawyer to our Bank for the legal revalidation of the account and procurament of the Terrorist clearence certificate,that is a prerequisite for the transfer of this fund,since the original account holder is late. At says also : We hereby confirm that Mrs.Linda Gemayel has an Inheritace right to her late Husband's Fund as the next of Kin and Legitimate Wife,She has approved me to benefit the Fund in the general Trust account Number...... as the new legal beneficiary of this fund,as indicated in Her Affidavit declaration before us. Looks like Mrs.Gemayel is very sik and to weak to move around like she wrote.

Dear Juliana,

Let me explain why I wanted to know this information.

First of all regarding the "Pariot Act". The patriot act combined elements of the anti-terrorism and money laudering laws into a single document with additional provisions for protecting our security.

This law requires moneys transfered in by people from overseas to sing an affidavit if the money exceeds 100,000 in cash.

BUT also a form W8-BN is also supposed to be completed.

ALSO if you are recieving any inheritance or gifts (in the aggregate) of 100,000 or more from overseas, you have to report it for security reasons using the following form:

Using IRS Form 3520, Annual Return to Report Transactions With Foreign Trusts and Receipt of Certain Foreign Gifts. You can find this form at: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3520.pdf)

NOTE: this is for security issues. The form ends up in the U.S. Treasurey Security divsion where it is investigated. There is no tax on inheritance.

NOW THEN. The problem I am having, that it is my nature to make sure you are forwarened; and the bank is aware of this, is that this is a scam.

It is a scam with one of the following three ends:

1. You have to release details of your bank account, and after you deposit the money, they will take it back along with all the money you had in your account. OR

2. They will then come back to you and ask for you to pay taxes and fees in order to have it released. (advanced fee scam). OR

3. they are going to send you forged, stolen, or counterfeit money orders, to deposit, and then you transfer money to them; then when the illegal documents are discovered, the bank comes to you for restitution, fines, penalties, and even criminal charges. The crooks are long gone by then.

Unless you knew this person personally, before the fact, such as you met them personally at a family reunion, or you met them and worked with them, or you have been friends with them "in person", not the internet and emails or phone calls, then you should not have anything to do with it.

Please report this to the following agency: http://www.ic3.gov/

Dear Juliana, THIS IS A SCAM... DO NOT BITE.

http://419.bittenus.com/MelindaGilbert/