Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada , Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

I have lost my W2 files for the last 2 years. How do I get ...

Customer Reply

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have lost my W2 files for the last 2 years. How do I get copies of my last 2 years of w2s?
Expert:  Dave Z replied 8 years ago.

Good morningCustomerand welcome to Just Answer!

If you have lost your W2's you have a few options.

1. Contact your accountant that does your taxes as there is a good chance they will have a copy of your W2 forms for the previous couple of years.

2. Contact your current and/or former employer, the payroll department or the human resources department and they should be able to help you or direct you to who you need to talk to within the company to obtain a copy of your W2s forms.

3. If you filed your taxes for the previous years, you can contact the IRS to find out about obtaining a duplicate copy of your W2 form.

4. Many unemployment offices have access to your W2 from past years and also the Social Security Administration is able to obtain your W2's from past years. You will probably need to go into these offices to obtain the information and you may experience some delays to get your prior year W2's from these sources.

Thank you for using Just Answer and please let me know if you need any additional information. Have a great day and please remember to leave feedback after you click the Green Accept button.