Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience:  More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.
3708793

This is the first problem Fill in the table below for ...

Customer Question

This is the first problem:

Fill in the table below for the following zero coupon bonds. The face value of each bond is $1,000.

Price               Maturity Years                         Yield to Maturity

$300                     30                   &nbs p;                          ____

$300                    _____                    & nbsp;                      8%

_____                    10                    &nb sp;                        10%
Category: Finance
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

The numbers are not well alligned and i want to make sure i answer the problem correctly, i might have your textbook, which textbook are you using? Title, author's name, and edition? Also what is the chapter number?

Regards,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to BusinessTutor's Post: The book is Fundamentals of Corporate Finance , Section 3, problem # XXXXX page 567 and it reads as follows:
Fill in the table below for the following zero-coupon bonds. The face value of each bond is $1,000.
Price $300 Maturity Yrs 30 Yield to Maturity ?
Price $300 Maturity Yrs ? Yield to Maturity 8%
Price ____ Maturity Yrs 10 Yield to Maturity 10%

Thank you

I am attaching the solution in excel as the excel built-in functions are the easiest way to solve the problem. The excel template i have used comes from the book's website, if you need any further explanation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Please clcik here for the excel file

please click here for the word file

Please leave feedback

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to BusinessTutor's Post: I ck the excel file; however, I need the formulas used to solve the problem. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi, i received the reply. Thank you so much. But i need the formulas used to solve this problem. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Please advise if you are able to give me the formulas. I need to prove the solution and how i reached these numbers. I am willing to pay an additional fee, if necessary. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Here is the original file with my question and your response. Please note, I have to do this on paper, since my College Professor does not allow me to email the answer. I greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thank you for reopening the question

Please click here for the answers with all the formulae

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to BusinessTutor's Post: Thank you very much. I will definitely be using your services again. You are the greatest!!! This has been a headache for me. Your prompt attention and professional demeanor was awesome!!!

I am very happy to have gained a new customer, and happier still because you like our services. It is the policy of Just Answer to ensure customers' satisfaction at all times.

So welcome to the family of Just Answer Laughing

P.S. Part 2 of the problem is really the hardest as it involves the use of logarithmic functions, hope that part in particular was clear

Looking forward to work with you again

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to BusinessTutor's Post: I've submitted another question, any luck that you can work on this one also? Pls advise, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX 2008