Dave Z
Dave Z, Mortgage Co. Operations Manager
Experience:  Operations manager for a mortgage company, Member of OAMB & NAMB, 10+ yrs experience in mtg industry
3456305

can you collect sdi benifits and social security disability ...

can you collect sdi benifits and social security disability at the same time?

Good afternoon (morning in CA)Customerand welcome back.

Yes you can receive SDI and SSID benefits at the same time, however your SSI disability benefits could possibly be reduced based on how much you receive from the SDI benefits. Here is a little more information on this directly from the following website: http://www.disabilitybenefits101.org/ca/programs/income_support/ss_disability/ssdi/faqs.htm#_q361

17) Can I qualify for the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program while I am eligible for State Disability Insurance (SDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?

Yes. State Disability Insurance (SDI) may be available if you have paid into the program. Your Social Security disability benefit may be reduced when receiving other public benefits simultaneously. The combined amount of Social Security benefits, State Disability Insurance, and other public disability, such as workers' compensation, cannot exceed 80 percent of what Social Security considers your average current earnings. One example of the formula used is when they consider average monthly earnings in the year prior to the start of Social Security Disability Insurance benefits. For more information, see How Workers' Compensation And Other Disability Payments May Affect Your Benefits. You may consider consulting a benefits planner when accessing more than one public program.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance and thank you for the trust you have placed in me to answer your questions for you. If you need any more information or more clarification, please do not hesitate to ask. I look forward to talking with you again very soon.

Dave