Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a custody agreement with my children's father and

Customer Question

I have a custody agreement with my children's father and need some help explaining some of the wording. I also want to find out if the evidence I have is enough to prove a case for suspected abuse
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Louisiana. And I have a photo of my son with a huge bruise on his forehead and a text from the father stating something happened to him that he needed to explain. He made me call him to hear what happened.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: There was a CPS case opened against him last year with his stepson, but the case was dropped due to the stepson not living with him at the time. His stepson is back with him now, and he tells his bio father that he has been hit and that the adults fist fight in the house in front of them. We have tried to get copies of the reports but we keep getting the run around.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He has a history of violence. I left him because of it, but since I never called the cops and the only witness refuses to testify, I wasn't able to prove my case
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney with Just Answer. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question? You may request a phone call at any time and I am available immediately.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like a phone call because there is a lot of information that I need to disclose.

Yes of course. You may get an automatic request for one from the system. If so, please click accept.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't have a lot of money to spend which is why I did not contact a local lawyer.

I certainly understand. The maximum you will be charged for an unlimited phone call with me is only $76. That's about 1/5th of my hourly rate.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How much does it cost to chat here?

The maximum it would cost to chat here would only be $36.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm sorry. I don't have any more money right now.

I certainly understand. There are some sites like Avvo.com that offer free answers to questions from attorneys in your area so you may want to try there. In the meantime, I'll opt out of this question and return it back to the question bank. Thanks for using JustAnswer!