LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

How do I start s child support case? if the father on the

Customer Question

how do I start s child support case? if the father on the birth certificate is not the biological father
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: illinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 month ago.

In order to remove a father's name from the birth certificate after 60 days, it requires a court order:

https://www.illinois.gov/hfs/ChildSupport/FormsBrochures/Pages/hfs3282.aspx

Basically the mother would need to bring a paternity action against the alleged bio father and the court will order a dna test; if the test is positive the court will issue an order of paternity and order the state to revise the birth certificate; the court will then have the ability to make orders re:

child custody

child visitation

child support.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 month ago.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html