Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez,
Experience:  Managing Member at EWF Title, LLC
93419235

IS MY HUSBAND CONSIDERED A BIGAMIST MARRIED TO ME HERE IN

Customer Question

IS MY HUSBAND CONSIDERED A BIGAMIST MARRIED TO ME HERE IN TEXAS AND MARRIED HIS X WIFE HIS X WIFE IN MEXICO?I AM A U.S. CITIZEN AND HE HAS A PERMENT RESIDENT GREEN CARD.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael Gonzalez replied 15 days ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.The United States recognizes legal marriages in other countries so any subsequent marriage in the States would also be considered bigamy if the first marriage was still legally intact.Multiple marriage is not a crime if each marriage has been legally dissolved through divorce or annulment prior to entering into another union. I reference this because you identified the other woman as "his X wife" but I was not sure if prior marraige in Mexico was dissolved via divorce or annulment.Note also that if the bigamous relationship was done with the intent to secure property or assets from the innocent spouse, the bigamist could also face charges of criminal fraud.
Expert:  Michael Gonzalez replied 11 days ago.

Are there any other questions regarding this issue?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Request ECPERT MICHEAL GONZALES
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I HAVE OTHER OUESTION CONCERING THIS ISSUE AND I WANT TO REQUEST EXPERT MICHEAL GONZALES AND WOULD LIKE TO SWITCH TO A LIVE PHONE CALL
Expert:  Michael Gonzalez replied 3 days ago.
Ok. I will offer phone call