Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Can we subpoena an airline RE specific details of a flight

Customer Question

Can we subpoena an airline RE specific details of a flight taken?? ..ie...when res was made etc. We know the person flew to Las Vegas even though she claimed to be ill just days before in court...the judge believed her and gave her another continuance. This is a child custody case....she's trying to get custody back?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: VA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: She has admitted she took the trip..we want to prove to the judge she is an habitual liar
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, an airline can be subpoenaed for their passenger manifest to show whether or not a person was on a flight. You would need to get the subpoena from the clerk of court directed to the Airline's keeper of records and you need to get the subpoena served on their keeper of records and a copy to their legal department to get the information you are seeking.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.