Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

If the non custodian parent that is paying child support has

Customer Question

If the non custodian parent that is paying child support has a picture or short video of the custodian parent relapsing/getting high & shows it at the next child support hearing what can happen?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nevada, Las Vegas Family Court
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. The non custodian parent has a child support hearing tomorrow afternoon.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it possible that the lawyer can look up the child support case?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If it is shown at the child support hearing nothing will happen. If the non-custodial parent has this evidence, then they need to file a motion to modify custody and use that video as evidence that the parent is unfit. The proof of abusing drugs is clear and convincing evidence a parent is unfit and the court would remove the custody from that parent.
However, if you want to get the custody changed you need to file the motion to change custody and not just try to bring it into the support hearing.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank You!
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your reply.