FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

Do you have to file your marriage license in Louisiana? and

Customer Question

Do you have to file your marriage license in Louisiana? and if you did not file it how do you go about it
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Yes, you do. The marriage will be recorded in the parish where the marriage license was purchased. In addition, a marriage license expires and becomes invalid at midnight thirty (30) days after the date of issuance. If the service is postponed beyond the expiration date, you must return the expired license and purchase a new one. As such, it does need to be filed and if the time has passed as stated above, you need to purchase a new one.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!