LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

How does my grandaughter get the paternity test results that

Customer Question

how does my grandaughter get the paternity test results that were done on her by court order from 27 years ago in Butte county ca.
JA: Has a court order been sought regarding a paternity test?
Customer: the order was signed and processed about 27 years ago
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: ay that time her father was ordered to pay child support but pertitioned the court for relief and was granted same
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 10 days ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  LegalGems replied 10 days ago.

Court records are a matter of public record; most records from 3 decades ago are not digitalized so one would need to go to the clerk's office and likely either fill out a request, or access the records via microfiche or the mode of storage as used by that partcular court house.

If the records were sealed (this is sometimes the case when a minor is involved, but not typically done for family law paternity/custody/support issues) then one would need to petition the family law department for access to the record - basically for a certified copy of the order of paternity.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.