How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37395
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex ignored our court order which states on odd years, the

Customer Question

My ex ignored our court order which states on odd years, the plaintiff gets out daughter on Friday for the weekend. We have been divorced for 3 years now and all holidays are scheduled like this, I never had a problem before this past weekend. We had a vacation paid for and ex still hadnt even called.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: North Carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I called out case worker with DSS, she said contact my lawyer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What would you like to know?


Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Why my ex ignored our court order and how come out case worker advised me to seek a attorney when I already have court order in stone
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Because the case worker is not delegated with enforcing any court orders regarding custody/visitation.

You may reply to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I can address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already, and because I am an independent site expert and not a site employee, it is the only way I am paid for answering your questions. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you the best in 2017!


Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,


Related Family Law Questions