Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am being ask to pay child support for the years 2012 to

Customer Question

I am being ask to pay child support for the years 2012 to present for a child that has been in my custody since 2011. I have custody of him through the courts. The Lorain, Ohio child support collections division refuses to talk with me, laughs and tells me to hire an attorney.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Lorain, Ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. I don't know what to do without an attorney. I have court documents from Nevada where we both lived. She is currently in Ohio. She lived and spent time in prison in Nevada. My son is in North Carolina with his grandparents where he has ben since 2011. A North Carolina attorney just completed the filing today to move his case information from Nev. to NC.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have complete court records, timelines and documentation on every aspect of his living conditions.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

It appears that you are moving in the right direction by retaining an Attorney to move the case from Nevada to NC. After that, the Attorney should file Motion to Vacate any child support arrears against you because you are the custodial parent. The other parent is the one that must be charged with the arrears.

Best wishes,