How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 715
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] I have a question about getting a percentage

Customer Question

Second opinion] I have a question about getting a percentage from my ex's pension. Do I have to go back to court to file a motion to reopen the divorce decree? Or, do I just fill out the QDRO papers? I divorced in 1992, my ex retired 5 years ago.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 4 months ago.

You do not need to re-open the divorce. But if that property was awarded to you in the decree, then you just need to get a QDRO done.

Related Family Law Questions