How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11696
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Baldwin County. I have a son that turned 21 in

Customer Question

I live in Baldwin County. I have a son that turned 21 in October 2015 and my 19 yr old daughter moved in with me on Father's Day 2016. I was ordered to pay child support in Jackson County Ms where our order was done. October 2015, when my son turned 21 I notified Al DHR and asked what I needed to do to get him removed from child support, I was told to put it in writing, I did that, no response. Feb 2016, I sent letter again. July 5, 2016 I sent another letter, this time notifying them yet again about my son and then notifying them about my 19 yr old daughter moving in with me and needed to get child support stopped. I was then notified and told that I needed to hire a private attorney in MS to get custody of my daughter ( who is 19) and get it changed over there. In the mean time, Alabama is now taking me to court because I am not paying anymore when they know one is 21 and the other moved in with me. I can't afford to hire a private attorney, so I am going to be forced to pay when they know the circumstances. I got home from work today only to have some guy give me papers but it says nothing on it as far as what it is for. I don't know where to turn or what to do from here. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 4 months ago.

Good evening. What can you tell me about the papers that you were served? Are they legal documents?