How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37666
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my wife tell the judge, she gave $500,000 to her brother

Customer Question

If my wife tell the judge, she gave $500,000 to her brother 10 years ago, from our assets, do I have to give up?
Or can I get it back half?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 days ago.

Yes you should ask for offset here in the property settlement because she gifted marital funds and you can seek credit for your half 4250k.It is worth asking for since it did not benefit you but rather her relative.Raise it in property settlement see if you can get credit/offset for this gift to a family member.It is certainly worth trying here.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 days ago.

I appreciate the chance to help you and wish you the best here in the divorce.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Output my question, thank you,
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Cancelled this question.

Related Family Law Questions