Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

If my spouse has, If my spouse has refused sex, intimacy,

Customer Question

If my spouse has
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: If my spouse has refused sex, intimacy, and affection for more than 3 years and for at least the last four months has been acting and speaking in an inappropriate manner, what are my options? We live in Alabama.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I haven't talked to anyone yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm disabled. I have two daughters and he wants us to move out but since I contribute to the household, I'm having a hard time saving money to move out. Can he be made to help?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

At this point, you can file for divorce, if the marriage is broken. At this time, you both have a legal right to live in the home, so when you file, you would need to ask the Judge to order you temporary possession of the home, until it can be decided what will happen and be done with it. Moreover, if you have two minor children, you could ask for custody of them as well, during this time and to stay in the home, since that is all they know. He could also be ordered to pay you temporary support, if you have to move, since you have been in the home, during these years.