ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Suppose I have the baby in PA - and probably would rule -

Customer Question

Suppose I have the baby in PA - and probably would rule - after I have the baby I want to go back to work and would probably move the baby and myself to SC to get a teaching job. Remember my husband and father are still in FL - would that be permissible?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Yes, most likely. Under the UCCJEA, the court is going to look at the home state of the child. That's where the child has resided for at least 6 months prior to the action, or IF that doesn't apply, then a state that has a significant contact to the child (which would be where the child is currently residing).

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.