Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I am in Alaska and through no fault of my own my wife of 3

I am in Alaska and through no fault of my own my wife of 3 months walked out on me,left for Oregon then told me she wasn't coming back what must I do to get out of this situation?There are no annulments in Alaska and I am retired with little money?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I did Alaska
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no that is why I'm on here now
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that the marriage was based on fraudulent intentions on her part
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would be able to file for divorce in Alaska and as part of the divorce action you can ask the court to declare the marriage void as it was entered into by your spouse under fraudulent pretenses. Fraud is a ground to void a marriage in Alaska, even though Alaska does not have an actual annulment statute, it is their version to allow the court to declare the marriage void upon evidence of fraud. It is filed similar as a divorce action and the remedy requested is to ask the court to deem the marriage void based on fraud, which you bear the burden of proving.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This answer seems to be correct from what information I have gathered on my own. .Excellent consultation. thank you

Thank you for your reply.

I would suggest filing divorce action as soon as possible to prevent her from trying to make a larger claim on your assets.