Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

My wife of 35 years has left me. she now wants a no fault

Customer Question

my wife of 35 years has left me. she now wants a no fault divorce. I have told her ok if I remain in our house witch is paid for untill we both dicide to sell it. I want it written into the divorce decree. She is telling me that A judge will not grant this. Is this true?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: oklahoma
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com. Give me a bit and I will get you an answer drafted.

You can agree to just about anything in a divorce but some Judges may have a problem with this without more certain terms. If you both have to agree to the sale then 1 of you could essential block the other from leaving. There needs to be more certain terms such as within 5 years, etc. Even then, some Judges might not agree to this. Some Judges would grant this with more certain terms and some might not. A Judge might hesitate to grant a divorce where you will be essentially required to continue to live with one another by Court order in the house. So to answer your question, no with unlimited terms such as time and only maybe with more certain terms.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?