Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My friend's wife filed divorce against him. They have 2

Customer Question

Hi ,,,
my friend's wife filed divorce against him. They have 2 houses and 2 cars and one child during marriage period .She got restraining order against him not to enter any house and do not contact his child and they have few room mates-tenants in both house so he can not talk or contact them also as he rented all rooms to different tenants.
My question is when he can get one house to live and one car to drive. and also when he can see his child ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok

He needs to file for Modification of the Order and make request for visitation and for the temporary award of one of the houses for him to reside in pending the resolution of the divorce case.

He can obtain forms for requesting for Modification at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how much possibility that he will awarded one house and car at final judgement. ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if he awarded one house temererily , he dosen't want that his wife come to that house and talk with other tenants-roommates in the house .. is that possible ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is he can take the restraining order against his wife not to come to that house. ?

Response 1: Ethically and professionally I cannot answer this question because I am not privy to all the facts in the case.

Response 2: He can make the request at the same time with his request for modification. If the Court grants his requests, thent his wife would be restricted from coming to the house and talking with the other Tenants.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thanks....

You are quite Welcome!

Kindly take a minute and use the popup screen to give a 5-star rating to my response so that I can receive proper credit for addressing your concerns. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating. Positive rating is how I get paid for answering questions on the site.

Thank you for your cooperation.