Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

A guardian ad litem postures my son in his divorce a few

Customer Question

A guardian ad litem postures my son in his divorce a few years ago. Lied in court, tried to get his children taken away, and even gave legal advise to one of his children's mothers whom she had a case against. She had even taken an affadavit from my son a year earlier against this mother. My son had a nervous breakdown and has been on medication since then. Is this grounds for a grievance?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: South Carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet. She is coming after my son now after 2.5 years.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: So much to say. My son had primary and his ex wife had secondary. He had a son from a previous relationship. The lawyer was representing the ex wife of the husband of the mother of his child from the previous relationship. She took an affadavit from my son against them. She came to the house unannounced in the morning hours. She called for an emergency hearing. She never visited the ex wife of my son's house at all. She took pictures. Lied in court. She gave legal advice ton the other mother she had a case against. They set him up. We spent all night counter acting her claims. He only lost primary, but she wanted to take the children completely away from him. Then he got double wammed by the other mother within 2 weeks of the other case. He lost it. Had a nervous breakdown. Was gone for about 6 months and now is on medication and seeing a psychologist every month.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 13 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your son's difficulties.

If the Guardian ad litem acted inappropriately, he needs to file complaint with the Court because the Court has oversight responsibilities of the Guardians ad litem in South Carolina. Click here to contact the Court Administration.

Best wishes,